Protecting your personal information has always been important to us. We take our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and applicable state/territory privacy acts very seriously. These Acts require us to handle your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Gameplans collects the following types of information:
• Information you provide to us directly:
EG - When you sign up to Gameplans, you will provide your name, e-mail address and password (being "Personal Information").
• Information we may collect indirectly from you.
We may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including Internet Protocol ("IP") address, GPS and other sensors.
We may collect information about how you use Gameplans. We use third party analytics tools, including cookies and similar technologies, to help us measure traffic and usage trends. Usually, the information Gameplans collects in this way is general information only derived from cookies and does not identify you. If Gameplans does identify you with this information (for example, if you have been logged onto an online Gameplans service), any use or disclosure of that information will be in accordance with this policy. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser.
We use your personal information to:
• Enable Gameplans to provide the product or service you have requested
• Communicate to you about the Gameplans service. For example, we may send you emails with changes/updates to features, technical and security notices.
• Provide access to our blog and content. When you sign up to Gameplans you will start receiving periodic emails that may include company news, blogs, related product or service information, etc., but you may opt out by clicking unsubscribe in the email.
We may also use information that we receive to:
• Record information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Gameplans website.
• Develop and test new products and features.
• Run contests, special offers or other events or activities on the Gameplans website.
• Provide personalised content and information to you, which could include online advertisements on our website or on other websites or other forms of marketing.
• Offer third party products or services we believe will be of most interest to you.
• Diagnose, improve, and monitor the effectiveness of the Gameplans website.
• Perform administrative and operational tasks (such as systems development and testing, staff training, market or customer satisfaction research).
• Consider any concerns or complaints you raise against Gameplans.
Gameplans may need to disclose your information to organisations located overseas. We only disclose your information to overseas organisations when it is necessary for the services it provides to Gameplans. The most common reason for Gameplans disclosing information overseas is because Gameplans engages, from time to time, third party service providers to perform a range of technology, operational and customer service functions for us. When we disclose your information overseas, we are required to take measures to ensure your information is treated in accordance with the privacy standards that apply in Australia except in rare cases (for example, where we are required by law to disclose your information overseas) or where we obtain your consent not to take these measures.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years for audit purposes.
If you have any questions about privacy at Gameplans or would like to enquire or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact us at the above mentioned address. You are entitled to complain if you believe that your privacy has been compromised or that Gameplans has breached the Privacy Act, or an applicable code. If you make a complaint, Gameplans will respond within 48 hours to let you know who is responsible for managing your complaint. Gameplans will try to resolve your complaint within 10 working days. When this is not possible, Gameplans will contact you within that time to let you know how long we will take to resolve your complaint. Gameplans will make a decision about your Complaint and write to you to explain our decision. If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the complaint heard and determined.